The SEC Face Mask Guide
Effective August 1, 2020, wearing a mask or face covering will be mandatory in all indoor public places and public vehicles in Edmonton. We’ve rounded up some of the stores in South Edmonton Common that carry face masks to help keep you safe and looking stylish at the same time. Check out the list below!*
*Due to high demand, some stores may temporarily be out of stock. See an in-store associate for details.
Where Can I Buy a Face Mask in South Edmonton Common?
|Store||Carries Face Masks?*|
|Ardene||Yes||Bandana style face coverings|
|Banana Republic Factory||Yes||Adult sizes only|
|Below The Belt||Yes|
|BuyBuyBaby||Yes||Adults & kid sizes|
|Canadian Tire||Yes||Reusable face masks|
|Mark's Work Wearhouse||Yes||Disposable masks|
|Reebok||Yes||Adult & kid sizes|
|SportChek||Yes||Small to Large sizes|
This is not an exhaustive list of stores that carry face masks… if we missed a store, let us know!
How Do I Properly Wear a Face Mask?
The Government of Alberta has helpful information on how to care for, wear, and dispose of your mask. See below for some helpful tips they provide!
- Wash or sanitize your hands:
- before putting it on
- before taking it off
- after taking it off
- Inspect the mask, holding it by the ties or loops. Discard if damaged or dirty
- Tighten with ties or ear loops to reduce gaps
- Keep nose, mouth and chin covered at all times
- Remove if wet, torn or dirty and dispose in a lined garbage bin
- Store cloth masks in a sealed bag until it can be washed in hot, soapy water
- Before putting on the mask, wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or alcohol-based hand sanitizer with a minimum of 60% alcohol.
- Ensure your hair is away from your face.
- A non-medical facemask can be safely worn by someone with facial hair
- Check the mask for damage; if damaged, discard.
- Open mask fully to cover from nose to below the chin.
- Place over nose and mouth and secure to your head with ties or ears with ear loops (depending on the style of mask).
If the mask has a nose bar, pinch around your nose to reduce gaps between your face and the mask.
- Adjust if needed to make sure your nose and mouth are fully covered.
- Avoid touching the mask while wearing it; if you need to adjust your mask, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand sanitizer or soap and water before and after you touch it.
- Keep your nose, mouth and chin covered at all times, until you are ready to remove the mask.
Ready to shop? Visit the Promotions page to learn of the deals going on at SEC!