What To Do At South Edmonton Common This Spring
The month may start off with April Fools Day but April is no joke. It’s the time where we start to see spring bloom… the weather, the community, the people! Here are some things to do at South Edmonton Common to spark your spring activity!
Do Some Spring Organizing
- Keep or donate: after deciding what space you are organizing, make a pile of items you want to keep and what items you will donate (if in the proper condition)
- Find the proper supplies to help you organize: you can purchase storage bins at IKEA
- Make it fun: get the family involved and designate a space for each of them to organize (then reward them with ice cream from Marble Slab after)
Go Restaurant Tasting*
With a majority of the restaurants now open at South Edmonton Common, we know you miss the dine-in experience as much as we do. Plan out a restaurant tasting using the Eat Directory where directions, hours, and contact information are at your fingertips. Need some inspiration? Here’s an itinerary:
- Appetize your appetite: head into Earls for Happy Hour between 2pm-5pm (or 9pm to close) and order yam fries, calamari, spicy tuna roll, and tacos. Don’t forget to try a new drink off the menu!
- Main course: swing into The Keg Steakhouse for a mouthwatering steak meal served just the way you like or enjoy a vegan meal at Copper Branch!
- Dessert: at JOEY, we suggest you get all 3 dessert items on the menu: baked apple pie, molten chocolate cake, and warm Italian donut. You can thank us later.
*Takeout, curbside pickup, and delivery are an option while indoor dining is temporarily closed. Outdoor patios with social distancing measures may be open.
Make It A Family Shopping Date
Put together a list of what each member would like or needs and have them choose their shopping store of choice to visit at South Common! Make it fun by making snack stops in between (bubble tea at ChaTime, anyone?). Here are some shopping ideas:
- New shoes at Spring, Skechers, or Aldo
- Knick-knacks from Miniso
- Gardening tools and plants from Canadian Tire
- Jeans from Bootlegger
- Browse the sale racks at Banana Republic Factory
- Pick a “book of the month” from Indigo
When you’re at South Edmonton Common, whatever you need, it’s all here!
Check out the Promotions section weekly for deals! Blink and you might miss it. Happy spring!